Newbie here

added the bleach to bring it up to 3. cya now testing 30 bc i added about 3" of water. recheck when the sun starts to go down and will add bleach to bring fc to 5 and ph to 7.4. tomorrow we'll add stabilizer to bring cya to 40 and keep trying to maintain fc of 5 during the day..

sound good or should i do something different?

ps testing was done 3 hours after adding water, 4 after bleach. recap current numbers:

fc 3
cc 0
cya 30
ph 7.6

With CYA 30, personally I'd raise FC to SLAM and run an OCLT to verify everything is in order before increasing the CYA levels. That way, if there's something wrong, you don't need as much bleach to SLAM at CYA 30.

For CYA levels, I'm half the planet away and can't help you much in terms of suggesting a number, some other members may be able to help you more...
With CYA it's a matter of getting a feel for the pool, if it loses too much FC in the day you can increase it a little, but higher CYA means you higher minimum FC, and also if you want to leave wiggle room for going on vacation.
You can monitor your FC loss and make a decision based on that, it's easy to add CYA if you need it, but the only practical way to reduce CYA is to replace some of your water.

Tested this morning. Wife added bleach & ph down last night.. Targeted FC for 5 and that's what it was when we tested.. About an hour ago.. Ph is now 7.4.. So I think the OCLT is good.. Just the fact of getting direct sunlight and all the water I added made everything drop.. That's my thinking at least..

Ph - 7.4
FC -5
CC - 0
CYA - 30.

I am targeting CYA of 60 & FC 7. Added 30oz of Stabilizer into a nylon sock from the wife, and duct taped it to the top of the pool in front of the water outlet that shoots water into the pool from the filter.
Added 23oz of bleach.. Filter is running.

Weather is cloudy today and expecting rain so I'm not expecting much of a drop in FC.. Keep posted..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.