Aquarite AQR-PRO-CUL low or high salt?!

JFB

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
Monréal, Québec, Canada
My neighbour has an issue with her SWG. It wasn't generating chlorine...

Her whole system was working fine last season, but this season... In the beginning, she thought it was the cell as it was 5 years old, so she went and got a new T-15. Once installed, it still didn't generate any chlorine. I went over there today to look at her system and when I would start the aquarite, it would show a salt level of 1700 ppm, and therefore the check system light would come on. The weird thing is the High Salt message would pop-up in the LCD. So I used some salt test strips to figure out what her salt level was. I did the test twice and it showed me around 3200 ppm both times.

I also went through the setup to confirm T-15 was the selected cell.

I'm just unsure how to proceed from here on... I'm baffled by the low salt reading despite the new cell...

Any ideas?

After replacing the cell you want to get an instant salt reading to make sure you get something that reflects the new cell being installed. If the instant salt level is indeed still low, there may well be something wrong with the power supply. If you posted the output of the diagnostic sequence we might be able to be more specific.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.