Intex Pool Pump Problems

Hello,

I am a newcomer here and am hoping that I might find some help with my issue. We have filled up the pool (above ground 16' metal frame pool), installed a new filter and turned on the pump. It will run for a minute and then shut off. We checked breakers and nothing has been tripped. Turned off pump and let it rest for a couple of minutes and turned it back on. The same thing happened again. The pump ran for about a minute and then stopped again. I was thinking that there might have been air getting into the filter, since the filter basket is one that attaches to the side of the pool and it looked like it was not getting enough water. I have turned the pump off again and am adding more water to the pool to see if this makes a difference. Would anyone know if there might be another reason why it does that? There are no strange noises or sounds when this happens and the pump sounds normal when it is running.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Simone

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.