Auto-Filler Question: How long should it run for? Mine seems to be going almost 24/7

May 20, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
New owner here, tried searching for info, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have an auto-filler and the pool is staying at levels. I am in Tucson, so it's very hot and dry right now, so I expect evap, but even in late night or early morning, the auto-filler sprays just a tiny bit of water about every other second, like the waves of the pool make it bounce ever so slightly. I know it's just a little bit, of water, but am thinking this could add up. Shouldn't it be like the toilet and just float up and lock up until considerable drop occurs?

Also, how much is normal evap for summer days?

Thanks!

In hot dry climates that behavior is normal. There are almost always some small waves in the pool, which will tend to turn the auto fill on/off like that.

You can easily lose 1/8" of water, roughly a hundred gallons, a day in a hot dry climate. At the peak of the summer it could be noticeably more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.