chlorine comsumption

jodyliebing

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2012
Auburn Indiana
Hi All, so far this year I am SOO happy with the results of going solo BBB method, my pool looks great!! Quick question... I have the heater turned on a constant 86 degress all the time. ( love me a warm pool). I have noticed that I go through 4-5 ppm of chlorine a day which seems a bit much, could this be due to the temp of the water?? i know there is nothing going on with the water, i have done OCLT all is well and also no CC. I usually keep chlorine on the high side also.

The higher the water temperature, the more chlorine you will use. Also, the higher the starting FC level, the more chlorine you will lose. In an outdoor pool chlorine usage is also very much a function of CYA level.

What is your CYA level and starting FC level?

Thanks Jason!! My starting in am is usually 8-10 then down to 3 or 4 by night. my CYA is between 30 and 40 ( the black dot plays tricks on me sometimes) but judging by the amount of stablizer i put in this year 40 is closer. So basically the higher I keep the chlorine levels, the more I will comsume?? interesting, I am just so cautious about making sure the level isnt too low by the end of the day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.