Low flow, low pressure

Jun 5, 2014
Orlando, FL
Please help....

Pressure was at about 4 when we first installed. Now it is at 1 at best and flow is weak. It's brand new! I was vacuuming the other day and I had low flow several times, backwashed then restarted and it was ok for a few minutes then got warning light again. The pressure hasn't been right since. DH has tightened all fittings again but the clear top gets a big air pocket right away. The psi goes up to about 2 but drops to one again right away. Any suggestions?

Low pressure is caused by a blockage either on the suction side (between the pool and the pump) or between the pump and the filter. I would start by checking the pump basket and impeller.

Oh wait, this in Intex equipment and I seem to recall them not working like most pool equipment ... I will have to bow out of this :D

For someone who doesn't know much about Intex equipment, you hit the nail on the head!! My problem was indeed a partial blockage. After adding a flocculant, I, stupidly, decided to vacuum with the little mesh bag removed from the skimmer. The stuff I was pulling out gathered on the little strainer that was on the pool side of the suction going into the pump. It wasn't blocked enough to trigger a low flow alert (unless I had the vac attached) but was sufficient to allow the safety vacuum release to pull in a little bit of air to reduce the strength of the suction. That was drawing some air into the system and reducing the flow! Your absolute statement that there was a blockage made me think and rethink the problem! Thanks bunches! :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.