I am new to the forum and just received my TF 100 kit
Here is what I have
FC:19
CC:40.5
CYA:40
pH 8.2
TA 240
Greenish tint but clear
Pool store has told me I have had a "chlorine lock "for 2 years. The pool calculator tells me to add muriatic acid but to not add bleach. I have never used muriatic acid The CC is way off and I am conflicted , do I add more bleach to shock it or do I have too much already? Also any thoughts on how long to run the filter? Pool store says 24/7.
Thanks in advance.
23,000, IG, Vinyl, sand filterS-210T, 3/4HP

Hi welcome to TFP! I am suspecting some testing error in your results. Can you walk me through how you tested the FC and CC? "Chlorine lock" is usually pool store lingo for high CYA. If that is the case the CYA would be much higher. Have you drained and replaced water lately?

Welcome to TFP!

Keep your filter running 24/7 and your FC at 16 or above until your water is clear, your CC is 0.5 or less, and you aren't losing more than 1 ppm of FC overnight.

Right now, your pH is reading falsely high due to your FC being > 10 ppm. Don't add acid now.

Don't worry about your TA for now. You can fix that later.

So does this mean leave it alone and watch? I like this as I can't believe I should be fussing so much. How do you suggest I keep my FC at 19 and keep my CC low?

- - - Updated - - -

I followed the TF 100 recommendation chlorine test drop. My FC was 19 and my CC was 40.5. I have not added or drained off an excessive amount as we just opened 4 days ago. My CYA was low and I adjusted that with stabilizer. Also added borax and baking soda. I think that's why my TA is messed up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.