Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much calcium in cal hypo?

1. Back To Top    #1

How much calcium in cal hypo?

I know I've seen this, but I cannot find it. How much calcium does a given weight of cal hypo add to the pool? I am considering getting some 73% cal hypo to add calcium to the pool while chlorinating to get my calcium readings to readable levels. I can do the math on the % in each pound of stuff I put in the pool, but I cannot find the basic answer to this question. Thanks
    19,000 vinyl pool, solar heat, .75 hp tristar, 48 sq ft de filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    bleachcalc....under "more calcs"
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Chris,

Welcome to TFP. Let me see if I can point you in the right direction. Download BLEACH CALC 262 onto your desktop. You should be able to get the information you are looking for inside this program. If you get the chance, thank Michael (MWSMITH2). Again, welcome to the site.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

4. Back To Top    #4
    73% Cal Hypo adds 0.7ppm CH for every 1.0ppm of FC.

Riles
    16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide

5. Back To Top    #5
    Thanks for the quick responses. The bleach calc tells how much calcium chloride one would need, but I was considering using calcium hypochlorite for both chlorination and to raise my calcium a little. If the Bleach Calc has this calculation, I am not smart enough to find it. I know it was posted one time in Pool Forum, but I can't seem to find, how much calcium does calcium hypochlorite have per pound. This would determine whether I buy a 25 lb bucket or, say, a 50 lb bucket of the stuff.
    Chris

6. Back To Top    #6
    Thanks Riles