Pool is now UP!

Awesome! Just picked up my 16x48. How hard was the in wall skimmer upgrade? Was it installed when empty? I plan to do that as well

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You will love the pool! Skimmer took some time but was straight forward. I did it with the water level a couple inches below where i wanted the skimmer.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Some pics with the light on:
y6y2yzuz.jpg

bejere5a.jpg

nu2u5uje.jpg

You will love the pool! Skimmer took some time but was straight forward. I did it with the water level a couple inches below where i wanted the skimmer.

Did you split the gasket (saw in a how to) or trace the install gasket as one piece? That light is bright, do you cut for that?

Did you split the gasket (saw in a how to) or trace the install gasket as one piece? That light is bright, do you cut for that?

I did not split the gasket. I set the gasket where i wanted it, marked the holes with sharpie, used a pick to poke through the liner, widened hole with screwdriver, screwed gasket to pool, cut liner, backed out screws, inserted gasket, screwed in the four screws that are hidden by faceplate into the skimmer, attach faceplate and screwed in remaining screws. 45 minutes and no leaks!

The light is the Intex LED light. It uses magnets to stick and conduct power so no cutting. $43 at amazon.

I did not split the gasket. I set the gasket where i wanted it, marked the holes with sharpie, used a pick to poke through the liner, widened hole with screwdriver, screwed gasket to pool, cut liner, backed out screws, inserted gasket, screwed in the four screws that are hidden by faceplate into the skimmer, attach faceplate and screwed in remaining screws. 45 minutes and no leaks!

The light is the Intex LED light. It uses magnets to stick and conduct power so no cutting. $43 at amazon.

Awesome how to, I will do while pool is filling so weight is on the liner. Prob pick up that light too BRIGHT!!

Great job on the skimmer. Did you do any modification to the skimmer to attach the flexible hose to it? If you don't mind, can you post a picture that shows the hose attached to the bottom of the skimmer? I have the Hayward skimmer and I think I need to buy some kind of clamp but I can't see if you used a clamp in your installation.

Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great job on the skimmer. Did you do any modification to the skimmer to attach the flexible hose to it? If you don't mind, can you post a picture that shows the hose attached to the bottom of the skimmer? I have the Hayward skimmer and I think I need to buy some kind of clamp but I can't see if you used a clamp in your installation.

Thanks.

No modifications needed. The skimmer came with a reducer. Screwed that to the bottom of the skimmer and slid the hose up the fitting. No clamp needed. Will post a pic when i get home.

Dang it....was getting the water level up...forgot and went to get dinner lol filled above the skimmer faceplate, had to backwash to get level down. Sure this isnt the first time its happened ;)

Wanted to remove the copper from the SWCG and had read people leaving it open......that didnt work! Lol so i stopped at home depot and found this 2" kwik cap. Pushed it on and tightened the clamp. Working like a charm!

Here is the link for the cap:
http://homedepot.com/p/Fernco-2-in-PVC-DWV-Flexible-Cap-PQC-102/100372303/

I bought the kwik cap from Home Depot and tried it. But for some reason, even if I tightened the clamp, there is a leak at the bottom. So I just unplugged the cord that is attached to the top of the copper assembly leaving the two prongs exposed on top. I hope this is what others meant when they said leave it open.

unplugged.jpg

Installing the skimmer is Easy, I have done it twice. I installed mine right up at the seam for maximum water depth. For the hose connection I just let the hose nut slide away and I used a hose clamp to attach to the skimmer.

I also rigged up a "stop" using a window lock lever to keep the door from flipping outwards and letting previously caught debris back into the pool. I put a felt pad on there to silence the whacking sound. :)

When i want to vacuum, i just rotate it so I can open the weir outwards.

weir stop.jpg

I love the pool light!! So, it's just magnetic? On the outside, does it have to plug into an outlet?

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP
Aquaview 20"Sand Filter
TF-100 Test Kit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.