Pool Pilot Digital Nano - Year 4 - Top Marks

svenpup

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I think I was the first member on TFP to get the Pool Pilot Digital Nano. Installed on July 31, 2010, it is less than 2 months shy of its 4th birthday. I haven't seen a ton of chatter here about the Nano, but I have seen a few vague complaints. The problem with looking to the internet for reviews is that people who are p*&%d off are waaay more likely to go online to complain than those that are pleased.

My review in a nutshell: perfect.

4 years of virtually no effort pool maintenance and very little additional cost. 2 cups muriatic acid per week is about it. Annual inspection of the cell reveals no buildup.

I am a bit of a DIY'er and installation of the Nano was a straightforward, one day affair. A little PVC plumbing and a simple electrical connection in parallel with the low speed side of my 2-speed pump.

Josh, I didn't buy the Nano from you...I don't think I knew who you were at the time, but I will definitely buy from you in the future. I am thinking about getting a replacement cell to put in the shelf. I have read that 4 to 7 years is normal life expectancy, so it's probably wise to have one on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review - it makes me feel better about my Nano plus installed this year. It's also helped by my pool's constant pH decline due to acidic rain. I still have to adjust up but only once every 2-3 weeks where it used to be an every-time-it-rains maintenance item.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.