Help w/ my used Intex Ultra Frame 16x48

May 7, 2014
Tennessee
So I got the deal of the year on Craigslist a few months ago (or so I thought). I got an Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 pool w/ all the accessories and a SWG for $50. The only catch was the pool was filthy w/ clay mud and the seller made sure I knew it had a small tear in the liner. The accessories and pumps were stored away in plastic containers and seemed to be clean and working (we haven't gotten that far yet).
So, we spent the last 3 weeks getting the ground ready for the pool. That is ready to go. Three days ago I got the pool out to clean and put it up. It took me 2 days to get it clean from all of the mud. I patched the tear and about four more holes yesterday with a vinyl patch kit. Today I got inside it and found about five more small holes and a tear. I also patched those. I crawled around the pool today and didn't seem to find any more holes but I am afraid I am missing something. Is there an easy way to look for more? Also I am terrified that the seams will leak. Does anyone know of some type of sealant I can use on the seams? Any help will be appreciated as we are 1st time pool owners.

(FYI I knew their would be some work involved when I got $600 worth of pool equipment for $50, I just want to make sure I get it as leak free as possible because who wants to waste 5000 gallons of water LOL)

I went through the same thing last summer. Bought an intex 14'x42" and patched several holes. The next day I patched several more holes, etc. By the end of it I had purchased another patch kit and still had multiple pin hole leaks showing up each day. You never know what type of care has been taken with a used pool, and this one had simply reached the end of it's life expectancy. I bought a new liner off of the intex website for $140 and consider it money well spent. I took the pool down for the year (I live in the NW where you can't leave an above ground pool up), and set it up again about a week ago. No problems, no leaks, easy pool. It's not a small cost, but cheaper than a new pool, and the replacement liner seems a bit thicker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.