New member, New TF 100 test kit, requesting advise

May 12, 2014
Barnwell, SC
Really enjoying the site with all the info.

Been running my pool for about two weeks now and the water is looking pretty good. I started with the chemicals recommended by my local pool company with the exception of using my chlorine bleach. Below are the results of the test from the TF100. Hope to get some advice as to where to go from here. I plan to abandon my pool company asap (there nice people but I have my own kids to send to college).

CL 5
PH 7.8
FC 3.5
CC .5
TC 4.0
CH 250
TA 100
CYA 30

Also, one other thing. I bought a Hayward Aqua Trol SWG last year, but It is still new in the box due to being told that it was not wise to put it on my older above ground metal pool. I am okay with adding the bleach each day if necessary.

Thanks in advance for all help and advice.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Looks like you are off to a fine start. :goodjob: Keep an eye on the pH and don't let it get any higher. Keep it between 7.2-7.8. I am curious about the CL 5. What test is that result from?

I'd go swimming if I was you. Those numbers are fine.

Note that when you use the FAS-DPD powder test for chlorine, you don't need to use the chlorine side of the pH tester. You can already see it's not as accurate.

If you get a bunch of people splashing tonight, expect to see your pH climb out of the safe zone. A littlle acid tomorrow will fix it up.

Ain't it fun?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.