New Swamp is mine - now I need to get it clean

N I C E ! ! ! This morning the water is clear (not crystal clear but BLUE clear as opposed to the green stuff) and, to my surprise, the FC this a.m. was slightly above 30 (I stopped at 60 drops and it was still pinkish.) ... So today I'll concentrate on sweeping the liner and getting the clarity better. (I'll post a picture when the sun isn't casting shadows.)

N I C E ! ! ! This morning the water is clear (not crystal clear but BLUE clear as opposed to the green stuff) and, to my surprise, the FC this a.m. was slightly above 30 (I stopped at 60 drops and it was still pinkish.) ... So today I'll concentrate on sweeping the liner and getting the clarity better. (I'll post a picture when the sun isn't casting shadows.)

Great, can't wait to see the pic.

I would recommend a read through the SLAM process again and be sure all the steps are being followed and get ready for the OCLT tonight.

I'll try to get some new pictures if/when the weather clears up. I didn't do an OCLT last night because of the rain storm that we had late afternoon/all evening but the numbers for Fri & Sat night were 1ppm loss. I'm still running my FC at a higher than normal level because I can now see the entire bottom of the pool, including the floor drain :p and I'm finding the occasional 'dark spot' and sweeping them out.

Full numbers from this a.m.
FC: 11
Chlorine: 5 (this is from the 'daily test' kit in the full test kit)
TA: 80
CH: 125
pH: 7.2 (this # is 'suspect' since the FC is > 10)
CYA: 70

We've been in the pool once and it was GREAT ... hot HUMID day and we wanted to test it out

1. There is no reason to do the Daily chlorine test if you do the FAS/DPD (FC and CC's test)

2. The pH of 7.2 is going to be pretty close with and FC of only 11 - 7.2 is just fine.

3. If your pool still looks like the picture, you have not completed the SLAM and let your FC down too soon. Help us understand whether you think you are done or not.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.