Cyanuric Acid & the Sock

DeeDee

Jun 11, 2013
Houston, TX
I just put stabilizer/conditioner in a sock and let the pump run 24 hrs. to bring my cyanuric acid level up (it's at 25). There is still chemical left in the sock and I didn't know if I should leave it in the skimmer until it all dissolves or remove it.

It depends on your ultimate goal. If you are shooting for a level of 40 CYA, leave it in and squeeze the sock a few times when you happen to walk by. If your happy with your level of 25 (a little low for Houston area), take it out.

Sometimes it's really slow to dissolve. That's why we recommend the sock method. If you followed the bottle directions, all that stuff would still be sitting inside the filter undissolved, and if you had to backwash, it would all disappear and be wasted. Give it a few squeezes to remind it you want it to dissolve!

Give it a few squeezes to remind it you want it to dissolve!

I never let it forget... I just keep it in my hands, over the return and get it dissolving into the water. Never had a problem doing it and it takes about 20minutes or so of constant manipulation to clear the sock. I'm impatient! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.