Winter Damage?

kats

May 28, 2014
Hermitage, PA
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, any help/advice anyone can give, I'd greatly appreciate it.
My husband and I removed our winter cover 2 days ago, and discovered that our wall with our skimmer has buckled, and began to crack.
There currently doesn't appear to be any leaks, and the liner is intact. The kicker, our pool isn't even 3yrs old! We winterized as we have done every year, without any issues.. Please look at our pics, and give your opinion. We are having an adjustor come and view the damage today, and the pool company. The pool company is insisting that we need a entire new pool, which isn't in the budget!!
Again, any feedback is appreciated..

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 110
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 109
Did you have heavy snow on the pool?

Who is manufacturer of the pool? Most pools have a long warranty on the walls. You might try calling the manufacturer of the walls. This could be Doughboy or Wilbur International. Wilbur International makes pools under many different names like Sharkline, Voque, Atlantic and Seaspray.

I would think if nothing else, you could replace just the wall panel and maybe the liner. Many liners cannot be re-used once removed from the pool for more than a couple hours and even then, it may shrink.

I really feel for you. This is the second pool this week that was posted here that b looks like this. The OP of that thread was instructed to seek an auto body shop to see if they could straighten the wall, add sheet metal and recut a skimmer hole and return hole.

Good luck. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.