Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rust spot in newish Plaster?

1. Back To Top    #1

Rust spot in newish Plaster?

Ok, so my pool is about 10 months old. About a month ago I noticed a small rust spot on the wall above my deep end swim out, just about 12 inches below the water line. I've called the builder and he's supposed to get out here but hasn't made it yet....Imagine that(being peak build time of year)!!! I tried to scrub it with a nylon brush to no avail. Does anyone know of any remidies? BTW my water does not have high levels of metals in it so I really don't know why this showed up.

As a side note I also just noticed about an hour ago we have a stain from a hair clip on the bottom of the deep end. What should I use?
    16k I.G. Gunite, SWCG, 1.5hp Hayward Pump, .75hp Booster Pump w/ Hayward Phantom Cleaner,Hayward C5025, swimclear cartridge filter, 400k Hayward heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rust spot in newish Plaster?

Try rubbing a vitamin C tablet on the stain, if it fades its a metal stain and you can use vitamin c if the stains are small, for large stains you can use Ascorbic Acid (a.k.a vitamin c) sold in larger quantities.

Do you think there could be a piece of metal in the plaster from the install? Rusting thru?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rust spot in newish Plaster?

Thanks for the tip FPM, I'll give it a shot! Plus I'll be ready for cold and flu season.....
    16k I.G. Gunite, SWCG, 1.5hp Hayward Pump, .75hp Booster Pump w/ Hayward Phantom Cleaner,Hayward C5025, swimclear cartridge filter, 400k Hayward heater.