Here's what I have- help me make sense of it!

I did some further inspecting of our system trying to understand it all. I just need help identifying everything and making sense of it.

Here's the whole pump setup:
7yzy3e5a.jpg

I have identified the pump as a Hayward Super Pump. There is also a booster pump for the Polaris, which is either disabled or not working. One pool guy said the Polaris "needed a new head" to the tune of 600$ and another pool guy couldn't even get it to work. Which is really no big deal as we've been manually vacuuming.

Next question I have is this:
2yby5ana.jpg

Second pool guy just told me to leave it alone and chlorinate the pool itself, which I've been maintaining. I think I turned the bypass valve so that it's not even engaged. Is that right?

Lastly, my biggest question is this: I have both of these on the wall next to the pump:

navuguna.jpg

4yjanume.jpg

They're both timers, right? The motor is and has been running constantly but I'm learning that isn't really necessary. How do I go about finding out if these even work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The orange cylinder with the black writing and a white cap is a trichlor tablet feeder. We don't normally recommend using them, but it is nice to have one for vacations and other occasional needs.

One of the timers is for the main pump, and the other one is probably for the booster/cleaner pump. My guess is the top one is for the main pump, but they could easily be switched from that.

There is no need to run the pump 24/7. Most pools do fine with about 4 hours a day (once everything is in balance and working).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.