Large bubble under newly installed inground liner.

May 21, 2014
So . . .We just got a new liner put in two weeks ago and last week a bubble appeared in the middle of the shallow end of the pool (see attachment). I'm currently overseas so I can't check myself but my wife said it feels like an air bubble as opposed to water behind the liner but we did have some rain preceding the formation of the bubble. We told the company that installed the liner about it for advice but they didn't seem to care. My questions: 1) Is it related to the installation 2)Is it water or air in that bubble? 3) What can we do to fix it? 4) What can we do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Thanks for any constructive advice

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 63
Welcome to TFP.

Well, it is certainly not a zit so we can rule that out! :mrgreen: It more likely than not is ground water. You can prevent it from happening by installing well points around the pool and pumping the water out periodically through out the Spring. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.