PoolPilot Digital....slightly higher than normal cell voltage

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
3rd full season on our Pool Pilot. Im used to seeing 23 or 24V, 5A on the cell when the purifier is running. Yesterday I saw 25V, today Im seeing 26V. Still 5A of current though.

Does that indicate something (i.e. need to clean cell, etc)?

The unit shows salt level at 3500, which should be about right (it started at 2600 and I added enough salt per pool calc to bring it up to 3500 or 3600 to account for slightly more frequent backwashing after opening), water temp is a balmy 64 degrees ;)

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Have your checked the cell as yet for this season? I would recommend it as precaution.

If you are getting a reading of 5a everything should be operating just fine assuming the unit is on power level 1. Voltage is affected by several conditions that could cause various readings. In this case the low water temperature may be causing the system to run at a higher level. You also want to always make sure that the unit is in boost or at 100% purifier output when you are running a test.

Thanks! I will check the cell again.

It sits in my basement over the winter so I peered into it after closing last year and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Very little to zero scale on the plates, no junk in there, etc.

Now that its installed Ill check it again when I get a chance.

I have a feeling you are right about the other conditions.....I usually dont start the SWG this early, so Ive never seen it running at such low water temp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.