slow leak from skimmer basket housing

Apr 29, 2013
Willard, Ohio
I noticed last year that I had a slow dripping off the bottom of my skimmer basket housing, and it looks like it was coming from the rectangular part that is between the pool wall and the round part holding the skimmer basket. Is there some kind of sealant that I could apply to all the joints inside and outside the housing to hopefully eliminate the leaks before I uncover the pool and fill it up? Or is replacing the whole housing the only way to go?

It probably looks something like this. Maybe it just needs new gaskets (part 6) or tightening.

skimmers_above_ground.gif

The gaskets are only a few years old, and I tightened all the screws last year. The water was seeping out of the sealed joint around the rectangular part of the housing before it transitions into the barrel shaped part. Just wondered if a sealant of some kind would work or even be safe to use being exposed to the water all season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.