wiring question

I am remodeling my rear deck and building a screened in porch. I have also enclosed my pump ,filter and controls. The way it was before my pump wiring would reach the timer box no problem however with the new set up it will not reach. what i was planning on doing is taking the wiring as far as i can and entering a junction box. This junction box will have a cut out in the back so the wiring can enter the wall and look better. once it gets into the wall is it ok to run the red and blue wires for my pump by themselves through the walls into the timer box. I bought standard red and blue 10 gauge wiring to go from the j box to the timer. i want all the wiring to be behind the walls. Do I have to buy conduit for this or can i just lightly staple the red and blue wires to the framing and be done with it? added note there is no insulation or anything in this wall only 2x4 studs that i will be going through.

Single wires are never ok behind a wall. However, some areas do allow Romex which is almost the same. Best thing is to check with your local building department and they should be able to tell you what is allowed and what is not because every area is different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.