Skimmer Splash

Jun 1, 2008
North Carolina
Even when the water level in the pool is just above the return jet we seem to be splashing a lot of water out from the top of the skimmer. We are not concerned with the water loss except for where the water is going. Right now it is settling around the filter and pump even though we have slanted the ground there. Our concern is that we wanted to put a deck around the pool with plans for a little house around the skimmer, pump and filter. As I dreamed about this last night I realized that all that water we splash our would then sit in the bottom of the little house. Any thoughts on this? Does anyone else have this problem with water splashing out fairly often? Thanks for the help!

Yes, when the kids are particularly active.....

When you say "house" what do you mean? Will it have a roof? Wouldn't having a shield of some sort mean the water would be diverted? Is your filter raised up on blocks? Mine sits on 3 inch thick 18" square concrete blocks, surrounded by rocks, so the water pretty much drains away.

We get a lot of splash from the skimmer when the dogs do their belly flopping. Our deck is built around the pool with the skimmer under the deck but accessible from the deck. Take a look at our pool pages in the link in my sig line, maybe it'll give you some ideas that'll work on your 'dream house'.

Mine does the same- My pool is about 1/2-1 inch higher on that end than the rest of the pool So when I add a litte more water than half way up the skimmer, I notice a lot of splash out.

We are thinking about a "little house" for our pump and filter as well. But I was concerned about spiders and such moving in.

Hello. Our pool is level and so is our skid pack area. We dug a french drain to let water run from the equipment area. We then covered the area with drainage rocks. It works well for us. Hope this helps. Later, Calvin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.