low salt reading on salt display but high when using manual dip method

Jun 28, 2011
just opened pool for summer and after vacuuming and filtering 24 hrs., ckd salt reading on aquarite display and 2300 and not generating...checked salt manually with dip method and salt very high. which to believe

Welcome to TFP!

How old is the SWG? As the SWG cell nears the end of it's lifetime, it can read lower than actual. Also if the test strip is from last season it would be wrong. Did you add any salt? 2300 sounds reasonable for a pool just opened for the season, while high salt seems unlikely unless you just added some.

SWG is 6 yrs old. took water sample to pool company and they said their test showed high salt....the 2300 reading was on opening the pool. added 1 1/2 bags salt after opening and checked 2 days later and got 2400...did acid cleaning to cell today, reset and now reading 2500, added 1/2 bag salt to see if reading will be higher tomorrow. When I took sample to store and their reading was high, I think the salt had not filtered long enough. If reading keeps going up I would think cell is ok.Test strips are now showing a lower but ok reading..panel shows salt is generating, low salt flashing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.