The Pool Is Open

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
I took the cover off Sunday, finished filling it yesterday and started the pump yesterday evening. The first problem I ran into was the motor tried to turn, but impeller wasn't and breaker tripped. I poured a concrete pad over the winter for the pump and SWG. I discovered when I re-plumbed the impeller housing was crooked enough that the impeller wasn't turning. After I fixed that, the water started moving ok. The next problem was my Intex SWG kept reporting low salt, but salt wasn't low. My unit isn't made anymore. I found a writeup online where if the electrodes get too crudded up, the SWG thinks it needs to start a cleaning cycle, but if it loses power it can get confused. the solution was to pull the cable off the electrodes and flip it to reverse polarity. That worked just fine.

Next step is to turn on the solar heaters and see if there are leaks or whatever there.

Sorry you had trouble but hey.,.. you worked right through them! Congrats!!! Any pics? Oh and can you tell me how many solar panels you have? I WANT!!! My pool is freezing! :lol:

We have 4 2' x 20' heaters and 2 2' x 10' solar heaters on our garage roof. The temp last week started out in the upper 50's and made it to about 80 today. I really love solar heat - free ( not counting initial cost of tubes) and warm, and our days have not been really sunny either. Mainly light to heavy overcast. My neighbor has had 6 2'x 10 ' panels for 16 years - same panels and he even took them down once to put on a new roof - , and they have kept him warm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.