First Test results from new plaster pool - Do I need to take over?

Ryno98

Dec 27, 2013
East Texas
Pool was filled approx 2 days ago and I have been brushing as instructed. The pool has been pretty cloudy but with the plaster dust and tons of dirt/dust that got blown in the pool immediately upon filling (of course), I guess that's expected. It does clear up overnight when I leave it alone. The PB has done start up doses of chlorine and CYA and maybe acid (fill water is pH 8.2 with high TA) and there is a trichlor in line chlorinator currently in use --- I know, I know... This will be turned off immediately when I assume full control. The PB has not asked me to start maintaining the chemicals yet, only brushing. And I'm pretty sure he has no idea that I even have a test kit (TF-100).

Anyway, here are my first test results:

pH 8.2
FC 4.5
CC <0.5
CH 75
CYA 30-40
TA 90
CSI -0.1

My issue is whether to take control of my pool now or wait until the PB "hands me the reigns". I'm concerned about the low CH, but with the CSI being neutral is this truly a problem? And how bad is it to have pH 8.2 in this setting? After studying this forum for a while I feel ready to take over, but I don't want to create problems with the pool builder if this is not a big deal. Additionally, they have just told me to brush everything toward the main drain, no vacuuming. Anyone else follow that method?

7.6 is good for the PH.

I just had my pool remodeled and when they refilled it they added scaletec to the fill. I don't know much about the product but I think it helped harden/cure as we had zero cloud or dust in the water. I've scrubbed the walls and no small pebbles or dust comes off. Now a lot maybe due to the application but I think the scaletec really helped.

http://www.mcgrayel.com/scaletecplus.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.