Pebblesheen next monday! Ocean County NJ

HudsonViews

LifeTime Supporter
May 20, 2013
Ocean County NJ
Looks like we are going to be going with Prism blue! I never thought I would be putting so much research into a color! Thanks a lot to Spang for his pictures and insight! We are using an installer out of PA that is highly recommended. Any thoughts as to what I should be looking for as to make sure everything is done right? Also can someone advise the process so that we can have a realistic swim time frame to go with. I am not really sure about acid wash process and what I need to do after install. Thanks all in advance for replies!

The most important thing is to follow any directions they give you on how to treat the pool so you don't risk affecting your warranty coverage.

After that you need to know if they are doing an acid startup (common) or a bicarbonate startup (rare), and when taking care of the water balance starts to be your responsibility. For an acid startup it is important that the PH be maintained below 8.0, which often requires daily acid additions. For a bicarbonate startup it is important to leave the PH alone for a while to let the plaster cure undisturbed.

You can learn more in Pool School where there is an article on the different kinds of startups.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.