What is installed prior to SWG?

Swordfish

Bronze Supporter
Aug 21, 2013
Brighton, MI
I'm sorry if this is common knowledge, but what is this inline device that is installed just prior to a SWG?

The pic is terrible, I was hoping to get the model number to figure it out myself. Is it something for backpressure?

20140509_201844.jpg

That is probably a check valve, which are only occasionally installed before SWGs. It might instead be a flow switch, but they don't generally look quite like that. Those are the only two things that would have a flow arrow.

Check valves are sometimes used in this location to prevent water high in chlorine from flowing back towards the heater. Check valves are much more commonly used with tablet feeders, which perform a similar function as a SWG but involve much higher chlorine concentrations. They aren't usually needed with a SWG, though if the SWG is too close to the heater a check valve might be a good idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.