Some hopefully basic questions

Apr 23, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
New owner of a SWGgunite pool, 15K. The Jandy 1400 is currently not working correctly (getting error messages 172, 183, 184) and waiting for a technician to come by in the next day or so. In the meantime I've been SLAMing the pool because we had some algae when we moved in and just getting used to the TF testing.

My main question is regarding the CC. When using the TF100 test and I'm measuring for CC, it always turns "just a little" pink which easily clears with one drop of the 871, so I'm considering my CC less than 0.5. Today my pH was 7.5 and my FC was 16.5 (having SLAMed two days ago). My CYA is around 50-55.

I read in the "How to SLAM" article to keep adding chlorine up to every hour, but at least a couple times a day. I guess I'm just not sure what my end point should be. I only added one bolus of bleach based off the calculators. I think my CC is OK, but should I really be driving it to 0? My water is clear, which is obviously good. I haven't done an overnight loss test yet, so I bet that is my next move.

Any advice on CC, SLAMing, and what those error messages mean would be really helpful!

Thanks in advance

Welcome to TFP......you are in the right place.

I can not answer your equipment question but somebody here surely can.

To be sure SLAM is complete you want the 3things:
Clear water....check
CC less than .5......check?.....and..
Pass the OCLT

You can do it!..... Do the OCLT. It will tell you where you are.

Welcome to TFP......you are in the right place.

I can not answer your equipment question but somebody here surely can.

To be sure SLAM is complete you want the 3things:
Clear water....check
CC less than .5......check?.....and..
Pass the OCLT

You can do it!..... Do the OCLT. It will tell you where you are.

+1

As long as your CC is .5 or less, you're good to go. Mine will range from 0-.5ppm depending on my next chlorine addition. Set up for the OCLT and see if you pass it. :goodjob:

Your error codes are most likely caused by a bad tri sensor on your SWG. Unfortunately it is a common occurrence. Do you have an idea on how old your Aquapure is? It may just need to be cleaned but it may need to be replaced. The sensor is about $150 to $200 and is easy to replace yourself.

If you can, post a pic of your equipment so we can see the plumbing configuration as well.

Hi all,

Thanks for you inputs.
I was finally able to do an overnight test. I did it with the pump off. Collected at 7pm last night and FC was 10. This 7am (12 hours later) FC was 9.5-10 so I lost less than 1 so I think I'm good and don't need to reshock again.

I'm still waiting for the service guy to come and help diagnose the error messages I'm getting. Here are some photos of my equipment.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• DSC_0018 (2).jpg
    DSC_0018 (2).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0019 (2).jpg
    DSC_0019 (2).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 69
It looks like your cell is plumbed correctly and the sensor is face is facing up....which is good. You have the newer three port cell so it's not too old....

I would attempt a sensor clean to see if that gets rid of your error codes. The sensor is the downward facing port on your cell. You just unscrew the large black nut and drop it down. The contacts should look clean and shiny. Use a scotch brite pad on them if needed. Example here.

One other thing to take note of is the color of the plastic around the sensor contacts. If it's white, it's an older design and probably bad. If it's black, it's the newer style and it may just need a cleaning.

I looked at my cell and it has a white plastic surround, so it's probably old. The sensors looked pretty shiny.

As much as I'd like to diagnose this on my own, I have someone coming over this Saturday to test it all out. I suspect I need to replace some components...

Thanks for all your help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.