Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquarite generating cycle time

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquarite generating cycle time

If I understand correctly, the aquarite generating cycles on and off.

I have mine set at 50% and it is generating 20 seconds and then off for 70 seconds and repeats.

Is the cycle time correct?

The reason I am asking is that the SWG cannot seem to get the chlorine level above zero. I have had some algae, but have added chlorine bleach to shock.
    Free Form In-Ground with Pebbletec
    ~15,000 Gallons
    Goldline SWG
    Polaris 280
    ? Pump
    ? Heater
    Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquarite generating cycle time

Quote Originally Posted by dbennett
    If I understand correctly, the aquarite generating cycles on and off.

I have mine set at 50% and it is generating 20 seconds and then off for 70 seconds and repeats.

Is the cycle time correct?

The reason I am asking is that the SWG cannot seem to get the chlorine level above zero. I have had some algae, but have added chlorine bleach to shock.
    Hi dbennett
    Before everyone jumps in here and asks you need to post your water readings as well as the size and type of pool you have. Then they can give you a good idea how to solve your problems.
    FC Free Chlorine
    TC Total Chlorine
    pH
    Alk Alkalinity
    CA Hardness
    CYA

While we are waiting I will say that you need to totally remove the algea before moving onto other subjects like Chlorine.
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

3. Back To Top    #3

As long as Iggy asked for some more info (very necessary info!) I'll ask a couple of clarifying questions -- Is your filter clean and the waterflow normal? Are any of the LEDs on the unit flashing? Have you checked the 'diagnostics" (little black button next to the display - tell me what it says for each button push while the unit is producing - the easy way to keep the unit generating is to switch to 'superchlorinate' while running the diagnostics).

What you describe doesn't sound right, but the info that Iggy and I asked for may help us figure out what's going on
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry for the missing info

FC - 3.16
    TC - 3.7
    PH - 7.6
    TA - 137
    CH - 179
    CYA - 76

The Aqualink RS light is on all of the time and the power and generating lights come on for twenty seconds and then off for 70 seconds
    ~15,000 Gallons
    Goldline SWG
    Polaris 280
    ? Pump
    ? Heater
    Cartridge Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

The run times on that generator are based on a 100-minute cycle. So, if you've set it to 50%, it will run for 50 minutes and then rest the remaining 50 minutes. There is one on and off per 100 minute cycle.
    blubluenoiseise

My pool: 14,750 gallons in-ground plaster
    FAFCO Solar panels (seven 4' x 12') with a Goldline automatic controller
    1/2 HP WhisperFlo filter pump, Kreepy Krauly cleaner, Cartridge Filter
    Aquarite SWG, Satisfied user of the TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry for the missing info
    FC - 3.16, TC - 3.7, PH - 7.6, TA - 137, CH - 179, CYA - 76
    The Aqualink RS light is on all of the time and the power and generating lights come on for twenty seconds and then off for 70 seconds

All the water numbers look within specs for your SWG. The Aqualink RS panel has something going on with the short cycle time.

Is the water temp very high or low? This may cause the temp sensor in the Cell to shut down
    or
    your flow switch may have gone bad and the panel shuts down the cell because of no water flow.
    Either way you should get some type of trouble light.

What happens if you switch from just ON to Super Chlorinate postion?
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

7. Back To Top    #7

The temp is 82 degrees.

None of the other lights are on.

When is switch to superchlorinate, the same thing occurs.

On my Aqualink RS4 controller in the house, it does say Check Aqualink.
    ~15,000 Gallons
    Goldline SWG
    Polaris 280
    ? Pump
    ? Heater
    Cartridge Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi dbennett,

Welcome to the forum

Please add all your pool and equipment info in your signature. Also adding your city and state in your profile will be helpful. You can do these thru the User Control Panel located top left, under the TFP logo.

I know you are here about your SWG cycle time, but your TA looks a little out of whack . Here is a link to "Water Balance Tips for SWG's by Waterbear":

category/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator

This info and much more is found in Pool School. Link at top of each page in sub-heading and in my sig.

We have a dedicated group of members always ready to help, so feel free to ask all your questions.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

The temp is 82 degrees.

None of the other lights are on.
    When is switch to superchlorinate, the same thing occurs.
    On my Aqualink RS4 controller in the house, it does say Check Aqualink.
    The only thing that you have control over is taking the cell off and inspecting it for calcium buildup.
    Have you ever cleaned the cell?
    If it has scale you will need to clean it as per instructions in the book.

After reinstalling if you still have the issues I would contact the builder if it is still under warrentee.

Iggy

10. Back To Top    #10

The intereting tidbit I just caught was that
    The power light should be lit all the time that the pump is running - this leads me to suspect an electrical matter - the unit isn't getting the power it needs or the power is intermittent (wasn't there a post here last week about a bad common ground going into the house? - I'm not very electrically knowledgeable, so maybe my thoughts make no sense)

FWIW
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

11. Back To Top    #11

dbennett

JUST INFORMATION for a Aquarite SWG Panel Goldline/Hayward

I did a little checking on my panel. I turned off my power and removed the two screw and removed the panel.
    Insure all the wires are attached snuggly from the flow switch and the main cell plug.

The next thing I would do if you have a multimeter/volt meter is to check the 20 amp yellow car fuse in the lower right hand corner of the panel. This fuse is the output from the rectified DC power from the transformer. You need to check this fuse if it is blown. If it is it is telling you you had a short on the motherboard or the cell itself. At this point you need a professional to check and replace the item that is bad.
    I also noticed when I checked my panel it has a small cooling fan at the top of the box behind the white plate. This also could be bad and cause the fuse to blow.

12. Back To Top    #12

The electrical aspect make since.

I noticed that the salt level indicator is showing 3400 all of the time, even after I added salt.

I took the cell to the pool store today and it passed on the tester.
    ~15,000 Gallons
    Goldline SWG
    Polaris 280
    ? Pump
    ? Heater
    Cartridge Filter