Water leaking from discharge line during filter setting

Apr 11, 2014
Central Tx
I'm on day 10 of my SLAM process and the pump has been running 24/7 during that time. Over the last couple days I've noticed the pool level dropping slightly and noticed a big wet spot where my discharge/backwash hose is connected. I removed the hose and there is a steady stream of water coming out of the line, and this is while the valve is on the filter setting. What could be causing this?

It's a Pentair multiport. The only number I see on top of the valve is 27-1140 and there are two stickers on the side of the valve that have faded out over the years. Google showed nothing for that model number. Are the spider gaskets universal given the same company and diameter? It doesn't look that hard to change out.

It's a Pentair multiport. The only number I see on top of the valve is 27-1140 and there are two stickers on the side of the valve that have faded out over the years. Google showed nothing for that model number. Are the spider gaskets universal given the same company and diameter? It doesn't look that hard to change out.
I don't know, but I'll bump your post up and hope someone who does sees it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.