New pool owner....pump question

So I just bought this house and it is the first time I have ever owned the pool. Been following all the suggestions and pool water clearing up nicely and chemistry getting there. As seen below my pool has two 3/4 hp pumps. The main Heyward pump works fine but the Century booster pump is locked up and doesn't work at all. Do I need a booster pump for normal operation of this pool? Is the booster pump just for vacuuming? Thanks for helping me with these questions.

The booster is used for certain "pressure side" automatic pool cleaners. Unless you want to use such a device, the booster is just another thing to go wrong/a "nice to have" should you someday decide....
Your choice ;)

Is the pump running? They often have a separate on/off valve (this is a small diameter pipe valve - it should be obvious) and are routed into a female pipe fitting on the pool wall, a foot or so below waterline.
If you have such a hole and no water is coming out, the valve could be closed, or something is blocking the pump's impeller.

If the pump is seized, I am not the person to ask, but think "boat anchor", and disregard above diagnosis.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.