ABG Buried Install questions...

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
getting serious about this doughboy pool install. 16 x 32 autumn breeze buried on slope. one side, 20 inches high. the other side ~35 inches high. pump inlets and return / skimmer will be on high side to avoid having to have inground pump equipment.

1. how far away can I put my pump? the best location, is remote, at ~80 feet away, with one 35 degree turn in the pipes. I know that will add to install cost for piping, but it may save me $$$ on electric. (BTW, it will be a 1.5 HP Hayward pump with 250 sandfilter).

2. how long of an extension cord can I use for pump? in this proposed location, electric is only about 15 feet away.

I don't think any manufacturer allows or recommends using an extension cord for the pump connection. You might want to reconsider all that and think about sinking an electrical panel right next to where the pump will be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.