calling all fountain/waterfall people

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
so guys I have a 14x48 intex ultra frame and soon will install a through wall skimmer....already installed the bigger 633 pump/filter and was thinking maybe a fountain too and ive looked on here seen a few and was looking for ideas, maybe with pics of what I could maybe do...thanks guys

I found this http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics®-T...6&sr=8-3&keywords=Submersible+Rope+Lights+LED so I was thinking of maybe a 9 foot or so fountain made like how many on here make theirs but if I made it run 9 feet wouldn't I need at least 3 returns into it instead of just one?... I thought maybe the 9 feet and double the the rope into the tube so its all in the 9 feet long tube and just make a hole at the end where it comes out so I can connect it, just culking it up and that should hold....right? or am I just coming up with too much here lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We're just at the beginning of the pool season for most people and they're trying to open for the most part so that may be why you're not getting many (any) responses.

When it comes to fountains, The designs are pretty much wide open. Just come up with something that you think you'd like and will work, and just stick it together and see what happens. Mine is just a threaded adapter, couple pieces of 1½" pipe, a 45º ell and a cap with lots of holes drilled in it.

I'll throw in a little opinion...just know I'm not an expert, and I don't really understand what your overriding question is....so I'll focus on one.

The 9ft length. The length of the spray bar isn't terribly important (to an extent). The more important factor is the number and size of the holes. More area of hole(total of all the smaller holes) the lower the pressure will be on each hole... If you use more than one return, you can have more total hole area. It really just depends on the look you are after. 9ft is pretty freaking long. I would look at using at least two returns for stability if nothing else. If you take note of other peoples design you'll see that many have included some sort of bracing. The longer any leg is the less force required on that leg to break something like the return of the pool. 9ft will also require bracing just due to the weight of the water and the somewhat low rigidity of PVC pipe at those lengths.

A long straight cut can work but you have to be careful about how long and wide it is. Also, it's hard to get a good smooth cut in the plastic pipe.

Having said that, I say go for it and post pics of how it turns out. You may start the newest craze! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.