Pool Heater Remote Recommendations

Frank Raff

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 20, 2013
East Bethel, MN
I'll be adding a heater to my pool this spring, a Rheem 400k NG heater. According to the manual, the heater is remote ready but I have no clue which remote would best fit my needs. Rheem sells a remote I could use inside the house but I'd like to have the ability to turn the heater on/off remotely when I'm not home. Turning it on, for instance, when I leave work. I've seen some posts for Jandy, Intermatic, AquaLink, etc. but I'm not sure what would work best or what equipment I need. Anyone have any suggestions? The pump is already set-up on a manual timer and my plan is to run power from the the pump to the heater for the electronic ignition.
Thanks

For control from the house all you need is a wire and a switch. For control via the Internet you will need a full automation system with Internet features, or a home automation system with some DIY customization.

Rheem sells a remote I could use inside the house but I'd like to have the ability to turn the heater on/off remotely when I'm not home. Turning it on, for instance, when I leave work. Thanks

I have never seen or heard of a remote by Rheem for the pool heater. I believe the unit you see is for the tankless house hot water heater. Not sure if this would integrate with the pool heater or not. I'm sure it's just a two wire control. Most people have a control system for the entire pool/spa combo and control it that way. I would look into that Rheem remote more to see if in fact it does work with the pool heaters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.