Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gimpy

1. Back To Top    #1

Gimpy

We've had our pool since September, 2005 - the first for us. Its a 22,000 gallon, plaster, salt water pool. Before discovering "The PoolForum" we were in the dark and at the mercy of the dreaded pool store. We've since learned to do two things: frequent "The PoolForum", and only go to the pool store to buy things that can't be obtained elsewhere (eg CYA).

After having played the 'chase ALK with pH' game, the water has settled in to a regimen of Muriatic Acid consumption. Thanks to "The Great Tetraborate Experiment" acid consumption has decreased from a pint every few days to a pint a week.

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have some trial and error experience, and will be chiming in on occasion.

Thanks for having me, and affording me opportunities!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome Gimpy, we're glad to have you.

On your list of things you learned to do, I know you meant to say "frequent Troublefreepool forum".

Someone might think you meant the other place which is certainly a good resource but definitely not as welcoming at the moment. Only insiders currently allowed there as you probably noticed.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi and nice to meet you!
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater

5. Back To Top    #5
    Welcome to TFP! And congrats on educating yourself on pool care!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm anxious to do a full test of the pool water later today, after having been blessed with 3+ inches of sorely needed rain by Tropical Storm Barry yesterday. My CH (currently 400 ppm) has been slowly rising due mainly to evaporative concentration, but I've not been worried about it since the rainy season is right around the corner. Similar thing with TA (100 ppm) - rather than reduce it by lowering pH and aerating, I thought I'd let the rains dilute it.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to the troublefreepools.com. You will find we are a much more friendly group than the other forum.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits