Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a nice little form/log to record my test results

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a nice little form/log to record my test results

I'm currently writing my test results in the back of the booklet that came with my Taylor K-2006 ... but I'm running out of room! I hope that some super-organized person out there has created a Word document or something similar to track their test results. Or maybe there's one posted somewhere on the forum, and I can't find it. Does anyone have a chemistry test log to share? Thanks in advance!
    -----------------------------------
    26000 gal, in-ground, vinyl pool
    Hayward S200 sand filter, 1 skimmer, 2 returns
    BBB since the first month! :-)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for a nice little form/log to record my test results

See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

3. Back To Top    #3

I made a form to record results. Hope this helps
    Don
    SW Florida
    10,000 gal in ground concrete pool
    Pentair Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intelliflow pump
    Pentair SWG
    using BBB for pool chemistry/Lamotte ColorQ tester for daily testing

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome! Thank you!
    -----------------------------------
    26000 gal, in-ground, vinyl pool
    Hayward S200 sand filter, 1 skimmer, 2 returns
    BBB since the first month! :-)

5. Back To Top    #5

I keep a record of my tests and treatments in a lined notebook which is kept in the pool house. Old fashioned paper and pen. Occasionally I make a note of weather influences such as the torrential rain we had yesterday. I also record when I've backwashed and what the 'clean' psi is.

In the notebook I keep a little chart I've made of how much Cl to add to maintain 5 ppm. My pool is about 75 yards from the house up on a hill; having the chart handy keeps me from hiking down to the house to check the pool calc., then trucking back up there to add the chems. I laid out a spreadsheet last year but found it more trouble than it was worth.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

6. Back To Top    #6

Here's the log that I put together. I print it out two sided and just keep it in a binder with my test kit. Still tweaking it periodically.
    20,000 gallon gunite pool, attached spa, Pebblesheen finish, Paramount PCC-2000 infloor cleaning system, Paramount ClearO3 ozone system, Intelliflo VS main pump, Whisperflo 1HP cleaner pump, StaRite cartridge filter, StaRite heater

7. Back To Top    #7

I found a very small composition notebook that is very thin and fits nicely into my kit. That way I dont lose it.
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

8. Back To Top    #8

Attaching my spreadsheet. It is similar to many others. If I were smarter and/or had more time I would build a small Access database and form to capture and report on the usage, etc. Heck, with something like that and the Pool Calculator available as iPhone Apps I might have to by an iPhone! Hint! Hint!
    25'X40', 23,000 gallon IG Pool with Gemstone Sandstone Tigers Eye Lagoon Pebble Finish
    Pentair Triton® II TR 140, 925# Sand Filter
    2.0 HP Jandy Stealth Pump for filtration and SR Smith TurboTwister water slide
    1.5 HP Jandy Stealth Pump for 3 Sheer Descents
    Blue Diamond Robotic Cleaner

9. Back To Top    #9

I count four in this thread so far. Any votes for the best one?
    12,000 gallons - IG - Vinyl
    IntelliFlo VF Pump
    Tagelus TA-60 Sand Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

So far I think Woodberg's will work the best for me...but I do like the separate tabs and running totals of jjdurrant's.

I'm going to guess Need to Learn's was written with SWG in mind? It only has a column for pH down and nothing for pH up (easy to add another column though).

The doc file by reneec might be more handy if you're looking for something to print out and write on.
    12,000 gallons - IG - Vinyl
    IntelliFlo VF Pump
    Tagelus TA-60 Sand Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm keeping mine online (here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/taekw...og-t11693.html) in my own thread. Not a pretty table view BUT

1) I'm assuming as long as the site's working, I get access to it anywhere,
    2) Still have a historical view
    3) I'm assuming the site's backed-up
    4) I get feedback and comments - and can ask questions and those who reply can see the history.

Just a thought...

- Jeff
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

12. Back To Top    #12

This is what I use.
    Bushdoc
    30 X 15 In Ground Concrete
    600 Gallon Hot Spring Tub
    Blue Diamond RC Robot
    BBB All the Way

13. Back To Top    #13

I don't keep my results electronically, I just print this out and fill it in each day I test. I usually test OTO CL and ph daily (FAS-DPD CL anytime I want better resolution,) Alkalinity weekly, CH and CYA monthly, unless adjusting. It fits on one page with my printer settings, and I print both sides, so a couple get thru a year. Deleting the Day column gives more room for comments, or columns for salt or pressure readings.[attachment=0:vl4qz2m2]Pool Test Log1.xls[/attachment:vl4qz2m2]
    22 x 40 IG vinyl lined, 23,570 gal.
    1 hp. Pac-Fab Challenger pump 300# sand filter
    Intex 8110 SWG, Hayward CL220 offline feeder
    Hayward 250K Btu gas heater
    Aquabots

14. Back To Top    #14

My husband is an excel wiz, and with his help, I created this excel pool log, which is a combination of JJDurant and Woodberg's sheets.

There are separate tabs for the different months, and there's a total sheet. On the total sheet, it will automatically calculate average numbers (average PH, FC, etc per month). Also, it will tell you how many chemicals you have added total. This is a handy tool to show how much money you have spent in chemicals.

I hope you like it, and let me know if you have any questions
    14,200 gallon in ground Plaster Pool
    "Titan Vertical Grid Filter" -- Pressure DE, 60 sq ft filter area

15. Back To Top    #15

I don't have Excel so what I did was I copied the form that came with my TF100 kit at work where we have a good copier. Then I took that copy and made about 12 copies, which should be more than enough to take me through the summer.
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

16. Back To Top    #16

www.openoffice.org has basically every MS office equivalent for free.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

17. Back To Top    #17

Here's mine. Still trying to decide how to record additions to the water. The graphing is nice.
    17,000 Gallon plaster pool. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE Filter. 3/4 HP Hayward Superpump converted to dual speed. CircuPool RJ45. Skimmer, floor drain, two returns.

18. Back To Top    #18

Hmm, mine is different from all of those. More like the chart on the TF100 lid, but expanded some. I switch between chlorine sources so I have a place to note that. I keep it in pencil, taped to the lid of the kit, pencil and eraser inside. Old forms are filed with pool manuals.

[attachment=0:2npch0mb]Pool Tests Blank Chart.xls[/attachment:2npch0mb]

In the second part, Additions, in the block for chlorine I put the source, that is 6%, 10%, Cal-hypo, or tabs.

In volume I put the volume of chlorine, # of jugs or quarts or cups or tabs.

I note the FC goal, since that changes as CYA varies.

Then MA volume, in cups.

If I had a SWG I'd use that last block for salt level.

Then comments, like time of test, recent weather, CYA prediction from tabs added, whatever seems relevant.

And the pH goal.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

19. Back To Top    #19

Wow, everyone has their own style of form. Here is mine, its on a clipboard attached hanging on the door of the pool house with a pencil. I don't bother entering the chemicals added now that I know the quantities needed to adjust for my volume pool which took awhile to dial in since the pool is kidney shaped.
    55 Kilolitre in-ground 18'X36' vinyl lined kidney shape, 1HP pump, Jacuzzi 250lb sand filter, RayPak Delta T 200K BTU natural gas heater. New PoolWerks "Blue Diffusion" liner on May 26th-2011

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by 4JawChuck
    I don't bother entering the chemicals added now that I know the quantities needed to adjust for my volume pool which took awhile to dial in since the pool is kidney shaped.
    In my pool the quantities are always changing.

TA drops over time until I add fill water which can make it rise by 10 ppm each time, going from TA 60 to TA 80 means 30% more MA is needed for the same pH change.

CYA drops slowly until I add tabs for chlorine, then it rises by 1 ppm per tab.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast