new pool in north Houston

Pool looks great and water color is gorgeous. I like the added sparkle with the abalone shell. Our bench corners also had the extra build up of plaster, I think some of it will go away with brushing. The plaster works looks good in my opinion. Will let you know about the Racer.. How is yours getting stuck is it getting wrapped around the hose or is it just one particular area that it's getting stick in?

So jealous you got to swim in your already. I think our pools fished just in time for the warmer weather.

Yeah I've been brushing & that seems to help. I've hit some of the corners with a small wire brush to knock off the rough spots.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/70870-Pentair-Racer

I'll post some pics & observations in the Racer thread I started when I get a chance.
It seemed to be working better today but the setup of getting the pressure through the cleaner just right seems tricky.
I think the Pentair variable speed pump may be complicating things a bit too. I've been reading the owners manuals :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
the deep end is kind of cloudy because the PB's crew had ground down some of the flagstone at the top of the spa to level it better & then remortered in this morning

I was trying to brush the residue to the deep end drains

PB still need to finish weeper on far left of waterfall & then I think we're finally done

I like the bubbler on the shallow end shelf more than I ever thought I would , one can crank those things up 3+ ft
I'd have a couple more if I did it over & a smaller water fall but wife & daughter wanted big waterfall so :)

I'm still lukewarm on the Pentair racer & have robot cleaner fever right now :p

- - - Updated - - -

also it seems like the second deck acid wash kind of bleached out the coping , I think I'll be searching for flagstone sealer threads .....

Wow, those pictures really do it justice!

Thanks, it was a fun project for us...long, but fun.

yeah always takes longer than expected doesn't it , LoL
we're working on the landscaping now so I think the outdoor kitchen will have to wait until fall
maybe add a pergola next year for more shade

- - - Updated - - -

How deep and tall are each of the "steps" on your spa cascade?

about a 11yr old size , LoL

the entire thing probably isn't more than 3-4ft tall at the top
we kind of scaled it for the kiddos so maybe a 18-24" on the step up ?

I'll try & take some pics this weekend with the kids climbing on it for some scale

- - - Updated - - -

yeah always takes longer than expected doesn't it , LoL
we're working on the landscaping now so I think the outdoor kitchen will have to wait until fall
maybe add a pergola next year for more shade

- - - Updated - - -

about a 11yr old size , LoL

the entire thing probably isn't more than 3-4ft tall at the top
we kind of scaled it for the kiddos so maybe a 18-24" on the step up ?

I'll try & take some pics this weekend with the kids climbing on it for some scale

My bad. I mean the spillover from spa to pool. The layers of rock. We're doing something similar on our spa, except with tile, and I was just curious how large each drop is. (mine is planned to be 2'"x 2")...

oh OK (& I guess I misread your question, DOH) i'll go measure it

I know the wife had them add layers to get that look

Really appreciate it. We're probably 2 wks away from getting to that point...but I would like to show the wife yours so she can get an idea.

Really appreciate it. We're probably 2 wks away from getting to that point...but I would like to show the wife yours so she can get an idea.

It looks like the top layer is about 2" maybe 1 7/8" & the rest of the layers are 1 1/2" -- 1 5/8 " thick with an overall approximate height of 12"
The bottom layer looked a little closer to 1.75+ "

I would encourage your builder to check the level of this early on .
I know it's a little difficult without any water in the pool but it seems like if they can use the mid-tile line as projected waterline then they could gauge it well.
Ours was flowing really well on the right side but not very much on the left due to the uneven top layer so they ultimately came back & ground a couple stones down but
it still favors flowing over the right side on lower RPM pump settings.

Heck I may just take a cordless belt sander to it myself , LoL

- - - Updated - - -

awesome. The last pic really shows it off nicely.

Thanks for measuring those for me. really close to what ours will be size wise.

Yeah our PB has been measuring for level on all the tile work thus far (He knows we are anal about small things like level and symmetry.) He told me he plans on doing the cascade himself, as he wants to do it once. LOL poor guy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.