Four load timer needed?

quacka

LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2012
I have a Intermatic PE153 digital timer that has three loads. Issue is that I just added a heater to my system (Sta-Rite 400K BTU). I assume this means I would need to upgrade my timer to a 4-load - Hi pump/lo pump/swg/heater. I can't locate a time that has 4 loads that will ensure hi pump is running before kicking off swg or heater. Does this mean I need to upgrade to a control center now? If so, it the PE153 no longer needed? Any advisement on a solution?

The usual solution is to wire the heater to the same output that powers the high speed pump. That automatically makes sure the pump is on high. With a gas heater, the electrical draw is so low it is fine to have it on the same circuit as the pump.

Awesome, thanks! So load #1 is high pump AND natural gas heater; load #2 is low pump only; and load #3 which only activates if load #1 is running is salt water generator? That seems like it will work out as I mostly run load #2/low pump as it is sufficient to cycle water since pool is enclosed. Can program load # 1 to kick in before weekend when heater will be mostly needed. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.