Replacement Intellichlor IC40

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hey guys, I am getting my replacement Intellichlor IC40 soon. My current one stopped producing chlorine towards the end of last pool season. Since then, I was using liquid chlorine at the end of season and all winter/spring to maintain FC levels. Is there anything I should know about the water chemistry when I go to install the new replacement cell? I would think that even though there was no conversion of salt to chlorine in the past several months, that doesn't really alter the water chemistry and my new cell will start producing chlorine the same way as before. I don't need to add anything (like a new round of salt)? Thanks

You might well need to make small adjustments to both the salt and CYA levels, but things should still be basically where you want them. If you post a full set of water test results we can give you more specific advice.

Took the water over to the pool store for the salt reading, 3700, which is good for the Intellichlor. Other numbers look good. I would assume nothing more is needed to do for chemistry w/ installing the new IC 40.

Other numbers:
FC 5
pH: 7.4
TA: 80
CYA: 70

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.