Looking for new vacuum

trclac

Jul 24, 2009
Houston
We currently have the Polaris 380, I believe. We are looking for a high quality, robotic vac that does a much better job of scrubbing and cleaning the surfaces of the pool. I've seen a number of recommendations on various review sites, but I thought I'd stop by here for quick advice.

Since we plan to have this for quite some time, I would like a high quality, durable cleaner, even if it means paying a premium. Also, note that my current vac has a pump of its own, and my equipment (pumps) are Polaris (main pump is variable speed) with a Jandy filter (not sand). The pool is about 17k gallons, with pebbletec surface.

Thanks.

I am confused ... you currently have a pressure side cleaner, but then keep referring to a "vacuum" which generally is used to describe a suction side cleaner, but then also mention wanting a "robotic" vac which generally refers to an electric robot that does not use any of the pool's plumbing. :scratch:

So which kind of cleaner are you looking for? :D

Have you read this? http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/162-automatic-pool-cleaners

I am confused ... you currently have a pressure side cleaner, but then keep referring to a "vacuum" which generally is used to describe a suction side cleaner, but then also mention wanting a "robotic" vac which generally refers to an electric robot that does not use any of the pool's plumbing. :scratch:

So which kind of cleaner are you looking for? :D

Have you read this? http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/162-automatic-pool-cleaners

My terminology was imprecise. Essentially, what we have now is not "cutting it" for my wife. She is not pleased with the performance of the unit, and we have had it for five years. I would therefore like to get a robotic device, and I am looking for suggestions. As I intend on keeping it a while, I am most concerned with quality and durability, even if it costs a premium. Also, the need for great cleaning performance is a given.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.