What is this?

eskewj

Jan 10, 2014
Harrisburg, NC
zodiac1.jpg

zodiac2.jpg

Trying to figure out what is in this picture. According to the manual which the previous owner left behind, it is a “Nature2 Pro G Plus Inground Sanitizer” made by Zodiac Pool Care. However, I don’t know what it does. The vessel on the right I unscrewed and it is clearly a trichlor erosion feeder because it had the pucks in it. The mystery is the vessel on the left which appears to be some sort of replaceable cartridge. My CYA is way above acceptable levels, and I think it got that way by using these trichlor tablets, so I don’t plan on using this anymore in favor of the BBB method.

1. Why does this thing have a cartridge when I already have a sand filter? I had thought that a system could use one of three different types of filtration (sand, DE, or cartridge) but not two of the three at the same time.

2. If I intend to use the BBB method, can I leave this apparatus in place without replacing the cartridge every 6 months?

The hole for that "cartridge" is where the Nature 2 replacement cartridges go. It has nothing to with filtration. You'll find we don't recommend using them. Just don't fill it!

OK so I read up on the Nature2 on a separate thread. I guess I should just remove the old cartridge that is in there now and leave the vessel vacant? Or would it be better to leave the old cartridge in and just not worry about replacing?

If you can remove the cartridge I would recommend doing that. The cartridge has a lot of little pellets in it, and if the cartridge burst you will have all those pellets and any remaining minerals/metals in your pool.

In the version I have I can remove the cartridge, put the lid back on and have no issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.