New in ground Shotcrete Pool Build in South Florida.

Yes, first inspections. It was for steel & main drain, temporary safety barrier, and a partial on the spa plumbing. All passed. Shotcrete scheduled for Friday hopefully. Let me know any questions you might have about the process or inspections, hopefully I can shine some light.

I was here. Two different inspectors showed up believe or not. One for the steel and main drain and the other for the plumbing. They were both very nice and approachable. Luck would have it they were about 15 min from each other so we were done early in the morning. Each spent about 10 min looking at the plans and the work that had been done, asked a few questions and made some remarks on things they will be looking out for in future inspections. Below is also a URL for the county site where you enter the different permit numbers (building, plumbing, electrical) the day of inspection and you see the inspectors route and how many stops before he gets to you. Pretty cool.

https://bldgadmin.miamidade.gov/mobile2/map_route.asp

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok so shotcrete happened last friday and took 14 hrs to shoot the whole pool and 60 yards of concrete. The shotcrete crew worked tirelessly from 7am till 9pm having to use lights to finish the job. We encountered a few problem specially in the spa. The spa wall had to be thickned by another 2 inches all around to accommodate the internal plumbing and the jets were placed entirely too low by the plumber. Gladly the PB was onsite the whole 14hrs to brainstorm and look for solutions. Since the spa plumbing is within the wall cavities were left open to access the jets.

First pour. lol

Solution for the low jets by PB. Remove coupling from the Jets, place a 90 elbow go up and place another 90 to come back into the spa. My question to the pros is, will the plumbing work ok like this or is there a better solution. Ill try to post picture of how the spa turned out later on in the day.

Last edited:
Spa pictures. PB is determined to make it right but i still would like some input. He'll be back tomorrow to remove forms, back fill the pool and show the plumber the corrections needed.

A couple of shots from the top of the spa.

Last edited:
Yeah. It was a long day for everyone. Plumber came back yesterday and removed the couplings exposing the jets without damage. I think we are just going to use some sweep 90 and raise them up, probably not the same performance but I think it's the best we can do.

Forms where also removed yesterday and backfill started.

Last edited:
After doing all of our slide research, that was the one we selected. However, we opted to forgo a slide due to layout considerations. The swim club we used to belong to had two of these. So they were in a heavily used commercial environment. They felt completely sturdy and were used almost non-stop. They seemed to be holding up pretty well after two or three years of intense use. Which is probably more use than a private pool would put them through in a lifetime. In the photo, that planter placement is perfect for breaking up the visual impact the slide has. You will want to consider how the placement impacts the view of the pool from the house (if at all).

it looked to me to be pretty sturdy as well, but that was in pictures anyways. thanks for the feedback. we would put it in the deep end by the spa just not totally sure if we should come from the spa toward the house or from the house towards the spa. ahhhh decision, decisions. lol

I think it's nicer to look at from the slide side versus the steps side. But the functional considerations generally trump pure aesthetic considerations. Do you have a step/bench in the corner by the house/spa? If not, that would also suggest the steps should go closer to the spa since I see you have a bench there which provides easy egress from the pool to the slide steps. If you can reduce the amount of walking from the mostly likely exit point to the slide steps, that would be helpful. This will reduce the potential for slip/fall accidents since this will be a highly trafficked route.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.