Dirty grout on tile pool

Tuffy

Jan 13, 2014
Ban ampur Thailand
My grout keeps getting dirty and the only way I can clean it is with a small brush and a lot of elbow grease. This isn't too bad in the shallow end but nearly impossible in the deep end. Any tips or tricks to getting this grout back to white and keeping it that way would be greatly appreciated
I just got a new automatic pool cleaner so hopefully this will help keep the pool cleaner from now on.

I can't tell but there is very little from what I see. If it is green-ish or becomes so after smudging it, that would be Algae. If it is, you have a low Chorine issue or some history of it.

In any case, a pool cleaner will not reach and scrub it from the grout.

I can't tell but there is very little from what I see. If it is green-ish or becomes so after smudging it, that would be Algae. If it is, you have a low Chorine issue or some history of it.

In any case, a pool cleaner will not reach and scrub it from the grout.

I don't think it is algae it's not green and doesn't smudge some of the worst spots are more yellow but most are just dirty brown. Like I said the only way I have found is to scrub it with an oversized grout tooth brush and without scuba gear it is nearly impossible to do!

I don't think it is algae it's not green and doesn't smudge some of the worst spots are more yellow but most are just dirty brown. Like I said the only way I have found is to scrub it with an oversized grout tooth brush and without scuba gear it is nearly impossible to do!
You don't need scuba gear. Just get a snorkel and mask. I do most of my pool cleaning that way. It's a lot more fun than standing outside the pool and you can really see what you're doing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.