Looking to self build/subcontract gunite pool in New Orleans

Feb 8, 2014
new orleans
Hi all,

I am a house builder and renovator in New Orleans and hoping to subcontract out a pool for my own house. I have watched a ton of videos and almost feel comfortable hiring out subs myself. I juts wanted to see if anyone had any advice for subbing out a pool, as well as if anyone knows subcontractors in South Louisiana including designers. I am looking to build a pretty basic 10 x 40 pool, no more than 6' deep.

Any advice is truly appreciated

Welcome to TFP!

The only advice I can offer is to do lot's of research. There have been many, many DIY builds posted here' from those doing most of the work, to those sub-ing it out. Sorry I can't suggest contractor down there, but someone may. Hopefully there is enough market to support some independents.

Best of luck on your build. :goodjob:

Hi all,

I am a house builder and renovator in New Orleans and hoping to subcontract out a pool for my own house. I have watched a ton of videos and almost feel comfortable hiring out subs myself. I juts wanted to see if anyone had any advice for subbing out a pool, as well as if anyone knows subcontractors in South Louisiana including designers. I am looking to build a pretty basic 10 x 40 pool, no more than 6' deep.

Any advice is truly appreciated

Tremetank,
I'm from just north of you in Gonzales. I should start my DIY gunite in a week or so. I can keep all my contact info and pass them along if you are interested. All the pool guys use mostly the same contractors in the BR area. Except the pool companies that have all their own crews. If you can find a pool under construction then you can get a few numbers and the rest will come from just asking those contractors for additional numbers.

Shoot me a PM with contact info and we can compare notes.

Todd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.