Vac port quandary

May 19, 2013
Freeport, Bahamas
Hey all, I have a query regarding a plumbing fitting. Is there such a thing as a fitting that goes INSIDE a 1-1/2" pipe that can take the regular sized vac port. My pool has been a nightmare since day one, the "Pool Contractor" connected 1-1/2" stub out for the dedicated vac line and the only inside fitting I can find is 2". If it's available great, if someone can point me to a retailer that would be even better.

Most vacuum hoses fit right inside of a standard 1½" pipe. Can you post a pic of the type and style that you have or need?
There are wall fittings that will slip inside a 1½" pvc pipe.

I would like to have the vac port installed for safety reasons (should the valve get left open i don't want any incidents!!) See the pics of what I have and what I would like, I have assembled it with a 2" off-cut but obviously I need it to be a fitting for 1-1/2" pipe.IMG_0987 (Large).JPGIMG_0982 (Large).jpgIMG_0988 (Large).jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.