Need someone to prepare and level the ground for me

I talk to my cousin and he told me to get a pro to install my pool. He got 27' x 54" and said he did set up the liner incorrectly and to fix it it cost him as much as he will pay at the beginning for professional installation.
I will purchase the pool from thepoolfactory.com . Did anyone of you ever purchased from them? Also what filter do you recommend? I use to have sand filter and love it.

Now you guys make me thinking. I suck with keeping the water chemistry on top level , so probably DE filter is not good for me. Sand filter not good either since I will use the pool a lot at night time and I like to stay underwater a lot. The clearer the water the better.
It looks like I will try the cartridge filter.

That filter will be fine. Get a decent size one for the size of pool your getting. They can be a bit more of a pain to clean. You'll have to take it apart to clean. You can't backwash a cart. Bigger filter equals less cleaning.

As for maintaining your water chemistry. This is the MOST important step !! Your filter isn't the key to clear water. You maintaining the proper levels is. You need one of our recommended test kits. It's a must have to maintain your levels properly. I use the TF 100 . Follow our methods we teach here and you will be fine. Do a lot of reading in pool school. Read it over and over.

Here is an example. When I filled my pool this year I added enough stabilizer to get to 40 ppm CYA. Then used bleach and only bleach for chlorine. Added bleach everyday to maintain my FC levels for my CYA level. That's all my pool needed all season. Nothing else was added. Levels were all within range. Water was perfect. Very, very easy.

The whole key, accurate testing, understanding what your pool needs and only adding what it needs.

That's because it is. Really it is. Don't over think this stuff. Maintain your PH and FC levels and you'll be golden. Don't use any chem's from the pool store except stabilizer , which you can get at Walmart. That's where I got it along with bleach.

Question. Is it okay to use the concentrated bleach? Most of the time I buy it at Walmart this is the only choice they have - concentrated. Where at Walmart you find a pool stabilizer?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, just regular household bleach . No scented or splash less. Just plain old bleach.

The pool chem's are usually seasonal and they are usually near the outdoor stuff. Close by where they sell there pools. If you can't find it just ask.

Jeff has given you great advice.

Maintain your pool water and it won't matter what filter you use. BUT, you can not specifically rely on *a* filter to keep your water clean.

I use a DE filter and love it to pieces. It's all I've ever used.

A good place for that is YouTube. They have a lot of vids on it. Check it out. Search how to clean a DE filter. You could also find the user manuals for hayward, etc, on the net. You can also just do a google search.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.