Intex 15x48 uneven water level/lean

Dec 27, 2013
I recently got a 15x48 intex frame pool

we have fairly limited space in our backyard and the ground isnt quite event. I put it on the most level place i could however one half leans a little

I've filled it about halfway and did a measure and at the moment there looks to be about a 3inch difference from one side to the other, steadily lowering and rising as it goes around the pool. I cant see anything on the frames or fabric to suggest stress though

As I said the pool is about halfway full, should I expect the difference to grow as the pool gets fuller? I've stopped filling for the night and will reasses in the morning

I've done some reading around and read that generall 1-2 inches is fine, just wondering if i can get away with 3inch for a month or so as we are in our hottest summer period, I can then umpty and level the ground for next summer. My main concern is the pool collapsing and dumping water everywhere as I said our backyard is quite small

so to summarize, pool is half full with a difference in water level of 3 inches from one half to the other. Can the frame handle this for a month or so before I take it down for winter and work on levelling the ground?

Thanks all

Welcome to TFP.

1" is fine, 2" is really pushing it and I wouldn't even consider leaving it 3" out of level. I know that it's not what you wanted to hear, but you really should drain it and relevel the ground.

Welcome to TFP !!
Yep 3 inches is wayyy too much out of level. Get the spot where you want it level. If it's only 3 inches out of level it won't be hard to do. You do not want it to fail with people or kids in it.

Another vote to start over. As mentioned previously, 1" is fine. 2" is pushing it! 3" and disaster could strike and you're only half way full.

STOP!!! DRAIN!!! LEVEL!!! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.