New Pool Build - Trouble Struck! Please help 2.1.14

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX updated 1.12.14 material chosen

What is your travertine costing per sq ft? Crushed/Sand Base or Concrete?

My PB quoted $17.50 for travertine set in concrete base.

I am also struggling now on our color choices for travertine and tile. I asked our builder to revise the drawing with the best options pool studio can do. I am worried that this may not look good after all?

Erik - it really is hard to break that down as part of our decking was originally included and we are just paying for an upgrade. I would say 17 is chest grabbing high in price. ours is being installed in a sand bed.

You should look at some real pools...like this one.

gmgm55 said:
avy6ytaq.jpg

hasapura.jpg

8etyhery.jpg

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX updated 1.24.14 yard marked

The completed pool is really one of the better images i can find close to our materials chosen. I attached again our color choices. The Snow paver is to be used only on the back raised wall for coping and the actual silver paver travertines are to be used on all coping and decking that is ground level (as designed now) .

I appreciate peoples comments :)

Erik, i fixed the photo of the white paver against the stone we are using for the veneer of the wall. The photo upload here was a little wacky for a moment. Apologies

and.... this two story house with the pesky window peeking down into our backyard just went up in construction.

Erik, i fixed the photo of the white paver against the stone we are using for the veneer of the wall. The photo upload here was a little wacky for a moment. Apologies

and.... this two story house with the pesky window peeking down into our backyard just went up in construction.

Can you put a tree (or trees) up in the way, to provide privacy? Do you know what the window is for? I'm only overlooked by one of my neighbors windows and it's their bedroom so they always keep the blinds shut so it's fine by me. Even so - I have a tree planted there that should block out a view in a year or so.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The window is a game room. (Drats, it will be children looking at us!) lol

- - - Updated - - -

Struggling here. Have pictures to share and the new forum says I've exceeded my account limit. Under management, all that is there are emoticons.

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX updated 1.27.14 yard DUG :)

On our build, they stuck a skimmer in the middle of the tanning deck, up front and center stage to our entire design. A little grumpy about that, but 50% of our pool border is raised. It could in theory be shoved to the right corner of the pool up against the spa. Would love some thoughts.

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX updated 1.27.14 yard DUG :)

Begin pool trouble.

I would love some opinions. We had our gunite shot today. The builder and I noticed our bench on the back wall needs a little more gunite shot so they will be back out in the morning to correct this. (Any problem that I should be concerned with?)

Our spa - I can't really fully tell if it is to the depth we specified. Not sure why it is rounded like a funnel inside either. Can I get in the spa tomorrow and sit on the bench?

One of our columns is turned straight towards the house.

If someone wouldn't mind sharing, what is normal depth from the bench of the spa to the waterline? What is the next layer of depth that is considered normal? I want our normal end to be ...normal and the deep end to be a standard deeper section. I hope this makes sense!

I want to stay on top of that in case this needs any further material as well. Thanking you in advance for feedback.

Pics are on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/115656854@N05/

Trouble is here officially.

We had our engineer friends over and they showed us where the unite guy clearly installed a column in the wrong place (two feet too far to the right) and it definitely is turned at the wrong angle. To add to the trouble, our Spa was shot with more of a cereal bowl effect and it just is uncomfortable.

The builder has a meeting with their gunite guy at the house Monday (i can't attend - busy workload) and the builder proposed cutting out the column and relaying such. I am worried about the integrity of the pool. Builder says have no fear, it is still a warranted shell. I worry about having a patched pool.
I wanted to bounce this off the forum for comments.

Spa - they propose shaving out the more lower part of the cereal bowl to fix the shape.

I am just wondering what should we really be thinking and what should we really be asking for or doing.

Realistically, I could live with the messed up column, but is it possible to just spackle on some more material and change the angle that way? The spa is the ultimate killer here.

Sorry for the issues you are having. It is so frustrating when people lack attention for detail. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you will eventually have an awesome pool that you will love. Just stick to your guns and make sure they get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yaka: the columns were supposed to be symmetrical with the bench centered.

What is now frustrating is they are acting like that's how all spas are done and that they had previously communicated that to us. Frustrating that they are saying this. I'm not really sure what to do here. I'm still holding on to their check for gunite. Maybe drastic, but shouldn't they just scrap this all and start anew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.