Equipment pad coverage question

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
Hi folks, this is year 2 for me with this pool and I am wondering if I am doing something right. I close and open my pool with the recommendations on this site, I also use your test kits and methods to maintain it. Thanks by the way for helping me keep my pool in good shape. But one thing I may be overlooking is the equipment. My equipment pad is in an enclosure from the sides but open to the sky, it's under sun most of the day with shade in the late evening. Should I cover my equipment up while it's all down for the winter? Or keep it open. I have a Hayward heater, two pumps, and the filter... I left it wide open last year but am not sure if that's the right thing. I will post Pics in a few.

Very neat looking. Anytime you can protect your equipment from rain and UV is a good thing.

You would have to work hard to cover it permanently and make it looks as nice as it now does.

You have a very unique enclosure around your equipment. Usually I tell people not to bother with wrapping filters, pumps, and heaters in tarps or stretch wrap as it usually ends up trapping ambient moisture in and on the equipment. With your set up though you can tent a tarp over the entire structure (maybe an A frame of wood in the middle to keep that area the highest so rain and snow flows off like a roof). Basically what I'm trying to say is you need to let the equipment breathe, wrapping things tightly in plastic is bad but a giant table structure over the equipment is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.