Suction side cleaner for leaves?

No idea, and digging up the yard yet again doesn't excite me. And a valve out by the pool would look terrible. The pool equipment is about 50 feet from the front edge of the pool, 75 or so feet from the skimmer, and another 10-15' to the main drain... and to make matters more difficult it is all within the house. There's a pool equipment room on the back of the garage. It's super nice to own it this way, but making any major changes would be horribly expensive.

If you knew where the lines were (which sounds like you may not), you could add a valve in an irrigation box underground so it would not actually be that visible.

Ah the joys of dealing with older houses ;)

This should help. There is a sidewalk that goes from the pool steps to the house, inside the house there is where the pool equipment is. To put this all into perspective, remember this is a 44,000 gallon pool, and I live on 1.25 acres.

pool-1.jpg

How many lines go from the equipment to the pool? Is it more than just a single suction and a single return line? In other words, would there be a way to re-purpose a line. You had mentioned there was a dedicated suction line in the skimmer. Does this line go all the way back to the equipment?

You said this pool was just recently plastered, correct? Silly question but have you cleaned the filter? (as there is usually a ton of plaster dust that clogs them up) The Poolvernuegen is a great cleaner..I have a 4X that is 12 years old running off an Intellipro variable speed @ 2800 rpm. It sufficiently picks up 5"-6" leaves that drop by the bunches in my pool. I do recommend an in line leaf canister though; especially with the copper lines you have that would be quick to clog.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.